- Smarter social media. Not all social media sources are perfectly suited to every industry. This year Businesses should decide which platforms are the most worthwhile places to reach their audience.
- Simplicity will reign supreme. 2013 is likely to be a year where the most successful marketing strategies will be ones that are not only simple in nature, but promote goods and services that serve to simplify the consumer’s life or customer experience.
- Campaign-based marketing will take a break. Up until now, companies have been progressively integrating social media and real time customer engagement as a supplement to campaign-based marketing. From here on out, real time marketing, through social media and websites, will be the focus.
- Marketing will be more tied to revenue generation. Instead of just measuring lead generation,marketing’s worth to a company will start being weighed against sales growth, changing key performance indicators and leading to a more effective marketing department.
- Mobile will get its due. Last year, more people purchased smartphones than PCs. Count on “mobile”being a bigger, bolder item on every major marketer’s strategy this year.